Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OFF-TRACK





When I was in Elementary we had a traditional school year.  My kids are on what you call a track system, year round school.  It might sound great to a parent, but it's not really.  The kids go to school for 9 weeks and then get 3 weeks off all through the year.  Except for July, all kids get about 2 or 3 weeks off.  My kids are off track right now, so they are home.  I love to have them home and spend time with them, but it kind of gets to me and to them by the end of the 3 weeks, especially in the Winter.  They don't want to go outside to play and their friends (unfortunately) are all on a different track this year.  So they are out of school while their friends are in school. I think by the end of this week, they will be more than ready to go to school.  I have to say, after having gone through traditional and having my kids on the track system, I definitely choose the traditional system.  Well, I only have about 4 and 1/2 years and then my kids will be out of Elementary and all in Jr. High or High School.  Time flies by way too fast!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sure I will treasure these 3 weeks that they get off forever.

1 comment: