Monday, January 19, 2009

The Klondike




Last year J.P. went on his first Klondike camp out for Scouts.  I was pretty freaked out to know that he was going to be camping out in almost zero degree weather.  Coming from a very warm area, I have no idea how people can do that and actually have fun.  Anyway, I got him a good sleeping bag and threw some hand warmers in his bag and sent him on his way.  Well, he came back ok!!!!!!!!  But admitted that he was still COLD!!!  Well, I figured I would learn from last year and make sure that he was NICE AND TOASTY for the Klondike this year.  So I got him a VERY warm sleeping bag, a down blanket, a thick foam pad, a waterproof sleeping bag cover and another fleece blanket.  Made sure that he had everything from his What To Bring List from the Scout leader and sent him again on his way.  I did a much better job this time, I guess.  J.P. came back very pleased with my preparations for him!!!!!  So I succeeded!!!!  Yeah, it's a good feeling!!!!  These are pictures of J.P. right after the camp out, doesn't he look so happy to be warm!!! ha ha!!

2 comments:

  1. Good job mom! JP looks like he went through a growth spurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dax has only gone on one of those campouts. He had a really bad cold afterwards even though he told me that he was warm out there! I'm one of those people that believes you can get sick from being cold. I swear it happens! J.P. looks a lot like your side of the family.

    ReplyDelete