Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Creative Daughter


My daughter, Baylee, is probably the most creative person I have ever known.  We decided to have the kids pick names for gifts this year (for each other)  and that they would have to make them.  (Thanks to the inspiration from the Swapp family).  Anyway, my kids kind of complained about it at first, but then decided that it would be really fun.  They have all come up with very fun things to make, from calendars, to jewlery, to pillow cases and other things.  But Baylee, I think, came up with one of the cutest ones.  She has J.P. and with J.P. being a huge BYU fan, she decided that she would cut out a big Y out of blue fabric and make a pillow.  I asked her if I could help and she completely refused, because she wanted to do it all on her own.  She tried to do one about a week ago and it was too small and then she let me help a little bit and it turned out so well.  My kids have found some talents that they didn't know they had.  We will definitely keep this a Christmas tradition.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Baylee, you are awesome! I love that tradition! We will have to try that one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA, I'm so glad you guys did this! You'll have to let me know how it went. I love the Y pillow. Way to go Baylee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baylee's pillow is way cute! She must get it from you my dear. I have always thought that you were talented in the crafts and creativity department. Remember when we decided to paint those ceramic figurines at Ricks? (it was Christmas time) Yours were the best! Later when I visited your home after you were married I remember some toll painting (is that what it's called?) that you had done that was very cute. You've probably developed your talents way more than I know.

    ReplyDelete