Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas

OK, so my sister has been wanting me to start a Blog for awhile now.  And I finally made myself do it.  But, of course, I can't think of a thing to write down.  Except for the fact that Christmas is in 6 days!!!  I think I'm more excited than the children.  If you know me then you will know that I have always been like this!!!  I had a wonderful childhood,  a loving family and friends.  The best time for me was always Christmas.  My mom always let us decorate the Christmas tree completely by ourselves.  (Wasn't that so loving and unselfish of her. ha ha)  We always had Christmas music playing, mostly Bing Crosby, The Beach Boys and even Elvis!!!   This was also the time that my older brothers and sister would come home from college.  We always took treats to our friends and neighbors, rang the doorbell and ran.  These memories have always stayed with me and made this time of the year my favorite!!!!  My husband has been able to keep from playing Christmas music in September and not until November.  I hope I can give my children the wonderful memories that I had during Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. YYYAAAAAYYYY! I love it! I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first memory of you is going to your house in September and hearing the Christmas Carols playing as loud as can be throughout your house. Now I know why we have been such good friends ever since. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy! Good job! I'm so happy you have a blog now!! I think back in high school it was you who got me started on thinking Christmas in September....it has stuck with me since then and now sitting here reading your blog I'm figuring it all out. My memory is not what it used to be...I knew there was a reason though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you!!! All bloggin...... yayyyyyyy!!!! Now, we gotta get Christy on board! I love hearing about your family traditions because MY family had so many of the same traditions (I wonder why) and I can totally remember the Isom house and all those Isom traditions. Remember the shag green ottoman that was our stage? That was awesome.....

    ReplyDelete